Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Prelude

As always, I am off to a late start. It feels good to be a procrastinator. But alas, this is for a grade so I feel compelled to comply, who knows maybe this will be fun. Anyways as I'm sure that you've deduced, I'm in Rome. It is beautiful here. I must say that I rather enjoy living in a small apartment off a piccola piazza. Though it is rather... interesting, living with four other girls and sharing one bathroom. It isn’t that bad; I’ve come to enjoy all it’s little quirks, power outages every time 2 burners are in use, or the laundry machine on the roof (no literally). It is very refreshing to wake up in the morning and see the small market spread out to encompass every conceivable crevice. And I must admit, that I do enjoy walking to our gelato place every night after dinner. Everyone here is just so friendly, and eager to help. We have already made some very nice friends. And thus is my intro into the life that is mine, at least for right now.

No comments: